Auto update client machines

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Tue Dec 23 16:34:50 GMT 1997

At 12:56 PM 12/23/97 +1100, you wrote:
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:00:03 +1100
>From: Tim Nguyen <tim at van.oz.au>
>To: "'samba at samba.anu.edu.au'" <samba at samba.anu.edu.au>
>Subject: Auto update client machines
>
>Hello world,
>
>Is there a way to update files on a client machine that
>connect to a Samba server every time it boot up.
>The client machine is a Win95 one. Occasionally,
>I want to copy some files from the server onto
>the client machine.
>
>Also, is there a way to update the  client's Win95 registry
>from a Samba server?

You want to use kix32 combined with login scripts.  I use this to copy the
files from the Norton Antivirus monthly updates to client machines.  It
also runs programs and I believe it can make registry changes.  You can
test for Win95 or WinNT machines, too.

-Ernie
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276
   _____/           ____         /        /Ernie "Shokk" Oporto-SysAdmin