Accessing a Samba server over the Internet

Bill Campbell bill at camco2.celestial.com
Mon Dec 22 19:28:19 GMT 1997

On Mon, Dec 22, 1997 at 12:23:59PM -0500, Darrin M. Gorski wrote:
>Hmm... Sounds like the SCO server is the 'real-time' machine, and the NT
>Workstation is the dialup. I'm not sure I follow your 'Bad Idea'
>description. Any dial-up PC would also be vulnerable, regardless of
>whether Samba is involved or not.

Of course any dial-up PC is vulnerable.  IMHO, anybody who uses a PC
to dial up the Internet and has anything valuable on their machine
deserves what they get!  Consider that ActiveX allows anybody to
execute anything on your machine.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100

"A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity
for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass; he is actually ill.
Worse, he is incurable."
	H.L. Mencken