Samba Comment

Richard Furda rfurda at wgss.net
Sat Dec 20 06:10:13 GMT 1997

Hello,

I just installed 1.9.17p5 from sources and in my browse lists my Samba
server apears as:

Computer			Location				Comment
Gator1				Gator					Samba 1.9.17p3

This was also occuring in 1.9.17p4 but ...
I now use  the "server string" in [global] and that fixes it. If I remove
it and restart samba
it goes back to "Samba 1.9.17p3". Before installing p5 I did rm -rf
/usr/local/samba.
I apologize if this is a stupid question...

Also, has anyone experienced really slow logons when loging into a Samba
server (when it's
acting as a domain logon - NT logons are instant). When I login, MS DOS
window appears
runs my logon script and then says "Please wait while your logon script
executes". An hour
glass goes for about 20 seconds and then everything is fine...

Thank You,
Richard
admin at wgss.net