Win95 Cleartext Password

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Tue Dec 9 04:19:37 GMT 1997

Slade Foster <slade at vertex.com> wrote:

: I have edited the registry to fix the Cleartext password problem
: for connecting to remote drives on my NT boxes after installing
: Service Pak 3, however I also have some Win95 machines with the
: same problem.  Is their another workaround for Win95 machines ?

>From Windows 95 double click the file Win95_PlainPassword.reg that
is located in the docs directory of the samba source tree, or
make the changes mentioned in Win95_PlainPassword.reg (using regedit).

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department