Net View: Must Log in error

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Wed Dec 3 19:53:19 GMT 1997

I've seen this error when a user hit's [ESC] instead of typing their
userid/password in the login window. Restart windows, and make sure you
are logged in.

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Harry Ford wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a user in a remote office with a 95 machine with WINS server set to
> my samba server here.  I've tested the cross-subnet stuff -- everythings ok
> on that front.  But whenever he tries to type in "net view" at a dos
> prompt, he gets the error: "Must me logged in to perform this action."
>
> Is there a network setting which I've missed?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Harry
> ---
>  Harry Ford * hford at economeister.com * Market News Service, New York, NY

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753