samba, where to get the program

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Dec 3 16:25:25 GMT 1997

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Oscar Henry wrote:

> I would like to find out more about samba, and where to get the
> program.
> I currently use sunsoft pcnfspro 2.0, to connect from win95 system, But I
> think it sucks,

hur hur.

> and want to find a good or even better replacement for it.
> Help me please!!!

hi oscar,

you can get samba from any of the mirror sites listed at
http://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba.

read the docs (some are on-line in html format); go through the archives;
allocate (realistically) about four working days to the task, and you
should be ok.

if you've any unanswered questions, contact either myself or the digest,
describing your full system configuration (clients and server and
smb.conf file), ok?

lukes