Samba v1.9.17 - problems accessing remote shares from DOS

Charles F Page [Comp.Unit] c.page at ic.ac.uk
Sat Aug 30 14:14:47 GMT 1997

Having run Samba 1.9.17 (production version) for one night I have reverted
to 1.9.17alpha4. I have experienced problems similar to a couple of other
people on the mailing list when running in DOS (MSCLIENT in this case).

e.g. drive M: is a remote share

M:\DOWNLOAD> dir x

Volume in drive M is LOGS

General failure reading drive M
Abort, Retry, Fail?f
Fail on INT 24

however...

M:\DOWNLOAD>dir x*

Volume in drive M is LOGS
Directory of M:\DOWNLOAD

X                        3 30/08/97   14:27
     1 file(s)                 3 bytes

We have been using 1.9.17a4 since July with no problems so there is little
point changing to 1.9.19a5.

Charles

| Charles Page                                   tel:+44 (171) 886 1231 |
| Computer Manager                               fax:+44 (171) 886 6765 |
| Imperial College School of Medicine at St.Mary's                      |
| Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine                  |
| Norfolk Place, LONDON, W2 1PG                  email: C.Page at ic.ac.uk |