Updating smb.conf without restarting samba

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Fri Aug 29 13:17:28 GMT 1997

Nick Parker <npar at Berger-Levrault.fr> wrote:

: Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get samba to re-read smb.conf while
: it's running. At the moment everytime I make changes in smb.conf I kil all
: samba processes and re-run samba. Is there a better way?

Probably doing "killall -HUP smbd" (and nmbd instead of smbd) will do it
but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department