Win 95 Policy Files

Gerald W. Carter jerry at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Aug 28 18:14:32 GMT 1997

> On another note - in order to get roaming profiles to work on W95 with
> no NT server, I had to do some horrible things to the registry, which
> I'm not sure is (or was ever) necessary - it worked so I kept it.

I was able to get this working ( I think ) by enableing the user
profiles in the password applet in the control panel and then adding the
key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon]
"UseHomeDirectory"=dword:00000001

Did I miss something here?  Seems to work although I am just about to
role of the scenario in a lab of about 50 machines.

Thanks in advance,
j-
                          Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )