Properties of Samba server say "Windows NT server 4.2" ?

Gert-Jan Vons Gert-Jan.Vons at ocegr.fr
Thu Aug 28 07:34:05 GMT 1997

At 18:26 27-08-97 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

 |just wanting to go one better than microsoft - is that a crime?

Only wondered to what extent it is only user info. Windows
might make use of it, and not all software is prepared to deal
with more recent versions than it knows about.

 |> I recently noticed that when asking for the properties of a
 |> samba server (i.e. right-click on name of Samba server in
 |> network neighborood), Windows tells me that it is a
 |>
 |> 	Type: Windows NT 4.2 Server

Windows knows about the filesystem type "Samba", so I wondered why
it doesn't say that the server type is "Samba" as well...

	Gert-Jan
---
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
 cannot read them."