lp as guest?

Tim Winders twinders at spc.cc.tx.us
Wed Aug 27 22:47:32 GMT 1997

I am running 1.9.17 on a Digital Alpha running Digital Unix 4.0b.  I had
originally setup the guest account as the user 'nobody' and filesharing
worked without a hitch.  I just started sharing printers and it didn't
work.  I change the guest user to 'lp'

The /etc/password shows (lp:*:8:12:Line Printer Subsystem:/users/lp:)

This seemed to work fine for both printing and file sharing for guests.
My question:  Are there any security issues or other problems in using lp
as the guest account?

TIA!

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at spc.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |