Change of the "new folder" temporary name

Nickos Yoldassis niyo at inbit.gr
Wed Aug 27 11:56:52 GMT 1997

Hi there!

Here' s the problem: We use the Greek version of w95. When a user wants to make a new folder on a network drive (located on the samba server) the "new folder" temp name is in Greek, resulting in an error accessing that folder. Any attempts of renaming the folder are unsuccessfull. Does anybody knows how to change this default temporary name?

We tried to resolve the problem with samba's ability to accept international characters, but this didn't work out.
However, I PREFER to resolve the problem on the w95 side; besides, I can't backup greek names on my server.

Karditsa, Greece

A nice little town in the middle of the great Thessalic pan