No subject

D.A.Clifford at DNB.RWS.minvenw.nl D.A.Clifford at DNB.RWS.minvenw.nl
Wed Aug 27 07:05:04 GMT 1997

Luke Leighton wrote:
(about system policies)
>yes, they do.  although i am informed that you need to manually >configure
>the w95 machine (some obscure registry setting: if you find it, please
l>et us know: i will be looking too!) to _use_ the config.pol file.  i
>have been told about the configuration of NT workstation to get it to >use
>NTconfig.pol, although because we can't do NT domain logons, this is >not
>useful :-(

I have had no trouble implementing system policies in an all-NT network, and did not have to patch the registry manually. This comes from the Win95 resource kit:

To set up for automatic downloading on Windows NT networks

1.      In the Network option in Control Panel, make sure that Client for Microsoft Networks is specified as the Primary Network Logon client, and that the domain is defined. For more information, see Logon, Browsing, and Resource Sharing.
2.      Create the policy file to be downloaded and save it in the following location:

\\primary domain controller\netlogon\config.pol

However, if you are using group policies, this feature has to be installed on the client PCs.

Derek
d.a.clifford at dnb.rws.minvenw.nl