Win95 clients not logging in to Samba

Rob Naccarato rob.naccarato at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon Aug 25 16:54:43 GMT 1997

We are running Samba 1.9.17alpha5 with Win95 OSR2 clients.
We have a very annoying intermitent logon problem where
the clients don't seem to run the netlogon script and then
gain access to the desktop as the previous user including
the connection to their home share.  From the Samba logs,
the client appears to not always make a connection to the
[netlogon] share to run the logon script.  It does, however,
always connect to [netlogon] to open the config.pol file, which
is always run after the logon script.

We are using Kixtart version 3.37 (or whatever the latest
version is), and we've noticed an occassional share violation
on the kix32.exe file in the Samba logs.  We've also just
noticed a new error in the Samba logs that says, "Connection
23 not open".  What the heck does that mean?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.