NT Workstation 4.0

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Mon Aug 25 06:02:01 GMT 1997

At 12:05 PM 8/25/97 +1000, garrett curtis wrote:
>I am getting a complaint that my Samba server running on Solaris 2.5
>cannot be found from a user's PC running NT Workstation 4.0.
>
>Any suggestions?

Actually, a couple ...
1) Is the complaining system on the same sub-net?
2) Has your Samba server been on-line long enough to satisfy propogation
delays?
3) Are they using SP3?
4) Do you have anything other than 'service = share' ?
5) Have you compiled Samba with DES encryption?
6) What version Samba are you running?

Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		rmeyer at mhsc.com
web pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer