SAMBA digest 1391

Seth Vidal skvidal at ehc.edu
Wed Aug 20 16:42:04 GMT 1997

Hello all,
	I was wondering a few things regarding samba and linux.

What sort of memory usage does each smbd process have. IE: if I had 200+
users attached to my system what sort of ram would you suggest I have on
this system?

Also in the smb.conf
there is the command logon script = I currently have it set %U.bat
IS it possible to make samba run two scripts?

in essence one based on the user name and one based on the machine name?

I'd like that to work b/c I need to map specific apps for a particular lab.

any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again

-sv