Arg .. windoze 98 and Samba .. more problems

JAGANNATHAN.R jag at csrrltrd.ren.nic.in
Sat Aug 16 08:27:17 GMT 1997

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Clive Messer wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Robert E. Lee wrote:
>
> > It can see the win95 boxes on the net just fine .. but not the samba
> > server. All the win95 boxes (and even the NT boxes) can see the samba
> > server. From the win98 box I can ping/telnet/ftp/retrieve mail .. but I
> > can't map shares. Very annoying.
> >
> > Anyone else have a simular problem... or know of a fix?
>
> Having installed M$ IE4 Preview 2 on a couple of NT4 workstations, the
> Samba server is no longer seen in Network Neighbourhood. However, 'Find
> -> Computer' (and typing the name of the Samba box) works. Perhaps this

	Use remote announce option in the smb.conf and reboot the win
box it will see the samba in the network neighbourhood.

> bug should be reported to M$. ;-)
>
> Clive
> --
> C Messer
> <clive at epos.demon.co.uk>     |   "I pressed her thigh and death smiled."
> <clive at epos.easynet.co.uk>   |    Jim Morrison.

Jagannathan R.
JAGANNATHAN.R                     Email: jag at csrrltrd.ren.nic.in
Scientist & Sysadm                Phone: 0091 471 490674
Regional Research Laboratory      Fax  : 0091 471 490186, 491712
Trivandrum - 695 019
Kerala, India                 Home Page: http://members.tripod.com/~Jaga/