SAMBA vs. Solstice LM Server from Sun.

Ed Maple Ed.Maple at corp.netcom.com
Fri Aug 15 19:54:35 GMT 1997

I sent this out yesterday, but I have a feeling that I misaddressed it. If
this is redundant please accept my apologies.

I ran across a description of this thing called Solstice LM Server on Sun's
web page (check out
www.sun.com/software/solstice/Networking-products/lmserver.html) which
sounds like Sun's answer to SAMBA. So, has anyone out there in SAMBA LANd
danced with the devil and tried out this hot offering from Sun? Or has
anyone by any chance compared the two and found one a clear winner over the
other (excluding the obvious price difference)?

Flames graciously accepted.

Ed Maple
UNIX System Mangler
Netcom Online Communications