Different Perms for Files and Dirs

Michael Tibor tibor at lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Fri Aug 15 17:18:32 GMT 1997

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Michael Tibor wrote:
>
> > I asked this question awhile back, but I never heard anything on it--is it
> > possible to set different create modes for files and directories?
>

> yes, in 1.9.17alpha.  see smb.conf.
>
> luke

Ahhhh!  Great--thanks!

I just didn't pay enough attention when I looked at the man page.  That's
what I get for drinking weak coffee, I guess...  :-)

Mike

--
Mike Tibor        University of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician    Consortium Library                (907) 786-6050 fax
http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/~tibor/    mailto:tibor at lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Finger tibor at asimov.lib.uaa.alaska.edu for PGP public key