Different Perms for Files and Dirs

Michael Tibor tibor at lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Fri Aug 15 16:31:17 GMT 1997

I asked this question awhile back, but I never heard anything on it--is it
possible to set different create modes for files and directories?

I have a Linux based web server running 1.9.17alpha5, and it appears that
in order to let users create directories in their web trees, I have to
also allow all their files to be world executable.

What I would love is something like "File Create Mode" which I can set to
604, and then a "Dir Create Mode" which I could set to 705.

However, after spending time going over all the docs I can find, this
doesn't appear to possible.  Did I miss something in the docs maybe?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor        University of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician    Consortium Library                (907) 786-6050 fax
http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/~tibor/    mailto:tibor at lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Finger tibor at asimov.lib.uaa.alaska.edu for PGP public key