Win 3.1 & Samba

Bill McEachran billjr at penny.com
Thu Aug 14 13:44:38 GMT 1997

Reporting back to the list on the responses I received from my post concerning
using Window's 3.1 with Samba.

I received several replies. Thank-you to all who responded I appreciate the
help.

The most common response was that to get Win 3.1 working with Samba you have
to get MS-DOS working with Samba. It's been recommended that I obtain any one
of these clients:

LAN manager for DOS
Takes some configuring and may be quirky.
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/Clients/LANMAN/

MS-Client3:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/Clients/msclient

Other Advice:
in smb.conf
preserve case = no
short preserve case = no

I haven't tried any of this yet. I'll report back with my findings if anyone is
interested.
--
Bill McEachran Jr.          Tel: (905) 686-5200  ext. 24
Penny Fuels Inc.            Fax: (905) 686-5205
339 Westney Rd. South     email:  billjr at penny.com
Ajax, ON L1S-7J6            -$-