Logon scripts

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at cb1.com
Fri Aug 8 18:43:16 GMT 1997

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Quinn P. Coldiron wrote:

> I am having difficulty getting my logon scripts to started when I logon.  My
> clients are Windows95, server is RedHat Linux 4.2, Samba 1.9.17alpha5.

read the DOMAIN.txt file.

> This is my smb.conf file:
>
> ; *******************************************************************
> ; *
> ; *  Samba config file for
> ; *  Quinn P. Coldiron
> ; *
> ; *******************************************************************
>
> ; *******************************************************************
> ; *********************** Global server settings ********************
> ; *******************************************************************
>
> [global]
>
>    workgroup = UNP
>    comment = University of Nebraska Press Linux Server
>
> ; By setting security to user, the users must have a valid account
> ; on this Linux server.  Other option is share, which is like
> ; Windows for Workgroups share level password protection.
>
>    security = user
>
> ; These are the settings to make Linux become the PDC (Primary
> ; Domain Controller) for our network.
>
>    domain master = yes
>    preferred master = yes
>    domain logons = yes
>    wins support = yes

looks ok.

> ; Network logon scripts
>    logon script = %u.bat
> ;   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U

where's your Profiles share in this smb.conf file?

i suggest that you do logon path = \\%L\%U\Profiles

> ; *******************************************************************
> ; *********************** Shared volume settings ********************
> ; *******************************************************************
>
> ; This is the netlogn share for domain logons
> [netlogon]
>    comment = Samba Network Logon Service
>    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
> ; Case sensitivity breaks the logon script!!!!
>    case sensitive = no

does it??? oh dear!

>    comment = Samba Network Logon Service
>    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
> ; Case sensitivity breaks the logon script!!!!
>    case sensitive = no
>    guest ok = yes

no, don't have guest ok = yes for the netlogon share.

>    locking = no
>    writeable = no

good.

>    browseable = yes

looks fine, to me.

> ; *******************************************************************
>
> [homes]
>    guest ok = no

>    read only = no
>    writeable = yes

these two do the same thing.  why do you have both?

ok, not a lot i can find at fault with your smb.conf file.  read the
DOMAINS.txt file for w95 configuration issues.

luke