Setting time

Vladimir Vuksan vuksan at veus.hr
Thu Aug 7 18:05:56 GMT 1997

I have resolved my clock issues in Linux by using the command netdate
which will adjust the system time with some remote servers.I have created
a simple script which invokes netdate and checks time on public NTP
servers in my area (I found a list somewhere on the Web), netdate sets the
system time and then I run clock command to update the hardware clock.
Win95 machines use the Linux box to update their clocks with as many
suggested NET TIME ....

Note that if the script fails ie. it cannot connect to even one of the
servers specified it will not update the clocks so don't worry if you are
not connected to the net at all times.

Vladimir