Samba and quota on Win95-client...

Charlie Brady cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Aug 7 01:35:32 GMT 1997

> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:21:47 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Rudo de Jong <crj at dds.nl>
> To: samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au
> Subject: Samba and quota on Win95-client...

[...]

> But what I would like to see, is that a user gets the right
> information about the free space he/she has got left on the network-drive
> given to him/her by use of the quota-system. It now just shows the total
> free space on the partition.
> Is there a way to make Win95 see the right amount of free space?

See the "dfree command" option in smb.conf. I don't know the admin
commands which come with Linux quota - you'll have to take them into
account when writing your script. Please upload your script for
inclusion in the 'contrib' directory when you are done :-)

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301