NTP support (was: set unix time via samba)

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Wed Aug 6 14:36:42 GMT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> At 05:29 PM 8/6/97 +0000, Jodok Sutterluety wrote:
>
> >question: is there a way to synchronize the clock of my linux box to a
> >win95 box (something like 'smbnet time \\win95 /set /yes')?
>
> Well, first of all, that's doing it a bit backwards.

I don't agree. I'd like a utility like this also. The clock on my Linux
box is pretty bad, and I have to manually update time about every other
month. If I had a utility that would just sync with the PC, I wouldn't
have the problem anymore. Oh, since I don't stay connected to the internet
for very long very often, NTP won't help.

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753