NTP support (was: set unix time via samba)

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Wed Aug 6 11:44:22 GMT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> Unfortunately, I know of no port of an NTP daemon which will run on any
> Windows machine. I have NTP client software which will do a one-time
> synchronization, but nothing which will maintain constant sync with network
> UTC time. Even the SMB protocols, under any MS-Windows system, is only a
> one-time manual operation.

=> From: Greg Schueman <schueman at ix.netcom.com>
=> Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
=> Subject: Re: Time synchronization between AIX and NT

=> Try getting the XNTP binaries for Windows NT.

=> available at: ftp.drcoffsite.com
=> Send email to <access at drcoffsite.com> for login instructions.

This site doesn't allow anonymous ftp. I didn't try it myself, but AFAIK
it is kept in sync with xntpd versions for Unix (probably, without some
drivers support).

Distribution of xntpd also includes makeflie for NT.

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk at sni.de