DAVE and Samba

Celeste Suliin Burris CSBURRIS at mailgate.ci.tacoma.wa.us
Wed Aug 6 00:07:19 GMT 1997

I am attempting to make Dave and SAMBA work together.  Whenever I try to
mount a disk from my SAMBA server, I get the message "A NetBios error
has occured. The DAVE client received an incomplete message from the
remote machine. Please make sure that the remote machine is configured
correctly."

I am using the default parameters for DAVE, and I can mount Windows NT
servers without any problem. All my windows clients (WFW, W95 and WinNT)
can mount the SAMBA shares correctly. I am the Unix sysadmin and a Mac
user. I am also using CAP.

ServerOS Solaris 2.5
Client OS MacOS 7.5.5
Dave 1.0.1