Samba and quota on Win95-client...

Rudo de Jong crj at dds.nl
Tue Aug 5 19:21:47 GMT 1997

Hi folks,

I'm new on this list, but I dug through every digest I could get my hands
on. So you could say I'm up to date.
I've got a question about Samba and the quota-system used on the
Linux-system. I've got a Linux-box (2.0.30) with Samba (1.9.16p11) and
quota-support. Samba is running like a charm (thanx guys!). My users can
logon in NT-style from their Win95-clients and connect to the designated
shares. No problems whatsoever. The quota-system does work; trying to
copy/create to large a file onto the network-drive results in an error on
the Win95 end. But what I would like to see, is that a user gets the right
information about the free space he/she has got left on the network-drive
given to him/her by use of the quota-system. It now just shows the total
free space on the partition.
Is there a way to make Win95 see the right amount of free space?

TIA,

Rudo...