SAMBA digest 1374

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Mon Aug 4 15:23:56 GMT 1997

Anyone?  Help?  Currently, I can do the same into a samba server, if I do
\\sambaserver\homes\web.  How can I get smbclient to do the same?

At 10:34 PM 8/2/97 +0000, you wrote:
>  1) Connecting past the share name
>Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 10:25:43 -0400
>From: Ernie Oporto <ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM>
>To: samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au
>Subject: Connecting past the share name
>
>I would like to connect to a folder in a PC share using smbclient.  Rather
>than going to \\pcname\c$, I want to go to \\pcname\c$\backup, which is
>something I can do from the "Run..." dialog of Win95 and WinNT 4.0 to other
>such machines.  How can I get smbclient to do the same?

-Ernie
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276
   _____/           ____         /        /Ernie "Shokk" Oporto-SysAdmin