SUMMARY: Amanda 2.3.0.5-Samba 1.9.16p11 PC backups...

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Mon Aug 4 15:17:03 GMT 1997

My whole problem as far as samba was concerned was not compiling with DES
support *and* that I did compile with FAST_SHARE_MODES.  One clue was this
in the samba.log. file.  I then did a dejanews search for smb_shm_open and
came up with that portion of the solution.

ERROR smb_shm_open : mmap failed with code 11

The DES portion came from just reading the WinNT.txt file that came with
Samba.

I can now connect to my Win95 machines and WinNT machines, though it made
no mention that this was for "security=server".  I can only back up the
WinNT machines with SAMBA at this time.  I'm looking into what could be
keeping the size from showing up for the Win95 machines.  Disk sizes for
both are the same.

/var/amanda/libexec/sendsize: version 2.3.0.5
calculating for amname '//eoporto-dt/backup', dirname '//eoporto-dt/backup'
sendsize: getting size via dump for //eoporto-dt/backup level 0
sendsize: running "/usr/local/pkgs/samba/bin/smbclient \\eoporto-dt\backup
XXXXX
-U backup -W WARREN -c archive 0;recurse;dir"
(no size line match in above dump output)
sendsize: pid 17143 finish time Mon Aug  4 11:06:24 1997

-Ernie
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276
   _____/           ____         /        /Ernie "Shokk" Oporto-SysAdmin