silly Samba question..

Fyodor Yarochkin fygrave at freenet.bishkek.su
Mon Aug 4 13:58:24 GMT 1997

Hello Mike

> Did you set the workgroup?
> What about browsable=yes
>
> Have you tried mounting the box by hand? net use \\linux\service z:
> or something like that?
yea..,seems i fixed all the major probs, but Minor ones remain. well, the
things work in strange way here BTW,
 You know, b4 i brought my Linux box to this Lan it was following structure

--------------|
 NetWare Serv.|----------| Windoze Box
--------------|----------| windoze Box
|  |   |  |  |
Windoze Boxes

 and all the Passwd/Users should be regiztred on This Netware Box,
 and, i suppose all the Bios Names Are Registred there as well,
 Now when i run Samba and boot My linux, the rest of 'dozes are able to
see my Box only about 5-10 minutes latter (seems this is the  time, when
 NetWare Refreshs its List).. and there is another thing.. whenever i try
to get list of services on 'doze machine i get such error

BlackStar:/usr/samba/bin# smbclient -L \\AMD-120 -U pcguest
Added interface ip=194.135.207.21 bcast=194.135.207.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Session request failed (131,130) with myname=BLACKSTAR destname=AMD-120
Called name not present
Try to connect to another name (instead of AMD-120)
You may find the -I option useful for this
BlackStar:/usr/samba/bin#

ANy ideas what could be wrong?