Printer settings and drivers from Samba server

Axel Tanner axs at zurich.ibm.com
Mon Aug 4 00:29:11 GMT 1997

Hi!
As far as I understand, when using a printer setup on an NT server, you
will automatically 'download' the printer driver installed on the NT server
during the first printing (or setup?), and if that driver on the NT server
is updated, you will automatically get also the updated version to your
local machine the next time you print.
This sounds like a very nice feature for me!

- Is this somehow also possible to achieve via a Samba server instead?
- Along these lines: could one also set settings like A4 paper etc. on the
Samba server?

Thanks for your help!
Axel

  Axel Tanner