Print Share Name Length

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Sun Aug 3 04:42:39 GMT 1997

At 11:36 AM 8/3/97 +0000, John H Terpstra wrote:

>We (the Samba Team) need some feed back from our user community.
>Anyone want to help out? All you need to do is post us a one liner.
>Tell us if you want 8 character length limited print share names or larger.
>If you really must have longer print share names - then how many characters?
>Should we limit the length?

What's wrong with making it configurable? A simple setting in smb.conf,
with the default at 'longer than 8 chars'.

	short printer name = yes/no ; (default = yes)

alternatively;

	printer name length = n ; {n | 7 < n < 256}

I see no reason to make this a boolean issue. I want both <grin>.
Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		rmeyer at mhsc.com
web pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer