--> Compiling on HP-UX

Lex luthor at prdf.mpf.gov.br
Sun Sep 1 07:28:20 GMT 1996

Hi,

   I'd like first to ask you to reply (or Cc) directly to my address
(luthor at prdf.mpf.gov.br),
I'm not subscribed to this list, yet.

   I got a problem here. I'm using smbtar+smbclient (got from the
binaries) to backup some windows95 machines directly into my DAT tape on
an HP-UX I have. Everything was right, when in one of win95 machines I
got some error messages, sying that the filename was grater that NAMSIZ.
It truncated the filename and stored it.
   I took a look in the sources (18p3) and found the define in the file
clitar.h:

        #define NAMSIZ 100

   I supose that my problem is just redefine this to a bigger number,
correct ? OK, redefined to 500
and started compiling (make smbclient). I got no warnings at
compilation, but when it would link
smbclient I got the error :

Linking smbclient
/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   __builtin_va_start (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.

   I tried to link most of my libraries I have here, but I got the
same error.

Thankyou for any help,
--
/ Alex Carlos BragaAntao             \ /_  __                    \