Users only have to authenticate once, how to determine where credentials are cached and for how long?

Hp Login hp.login.account at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:25:48 MDT 2010

Greetings,

I am running OpenVMS 8.3 (Alpha) and have installed CIFS 1.2 (a.k.a Samba
3.0.28a) as a Standalone.  When my users connect for the first time to any
share they have access to they are prompted for their credentials, they
supply their CIFS username and password, and they are allowed in.  Any
further attempts to access that share or any other they have access to
is successful and no credentials are requested.

I have bounced the services and the server OS several times, have rebooted
the clients numerous time, and have tried logging into client workstations I
have not previously used and my credentials are following me.  So it appears
that credentials are being cached on the server but I cannot find any way to
determine how they are being cached and for how long.  Can this cache be
manually purged?

passdb backend = tdbsam
security = user
domain master = no
domain logons = no

Many thanks for any insight into what is happening here.