Samba 2.2.8 for OpenVMS VAX 7.3 Vaxstation 4000/60

Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato lgemedia at terra.com.br
Tue Jan 16 17:14:12 GMT 2007

That is logical, good explanation.
But why does SAMBA_STARTUP.COM state :

$! Uncomment the following lines if for some reason the TCPIP$STARTUP.COM
$! does not start the services.  By default the TCPIP startup starts the
$! services so the following lines are not needed normally and generate
$! error/warning messages if left enabled.
$!
$ tcpip enable service smbd
$ tcpip enable service swat

...? Pretty strange.
So, I had to uncomment these lines for the Alpha running OVMS 7.3-2
and for the VAX running OVMS 7.3 because these services are not
automatically
enabled.

Luiz