Samba 2.2.8 for OpenVMS VAX 7.3 Vaxstation 4000/60

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Jan 12 19:39:35 GMT 2007

Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This command is commented out in SAMBA_STARTUP.COM which is
> run inside of SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM. I have them installed and if
> I remove the comment sign it works fine as a work around.
> However the problem with TCP/IP remains, that is, why didn't
> the ECO patch resolve the problem with
>            "set config enable service smbd"
>            "set config enable service swat" ?

Because until the SAMBA_STARTUP command file is run, the logical names
required by SWAT and SMBD do not exist.

The SAMBA_STARTUP.COM procedure must be run after the startup procedure
for the TCPIP services.

If you enable the services with SET CONFIG, then all attempts to start
the SMBD services will fail until the SAMBA_STARTUP.COM is run.  You
also may end up with data corruption because some files may not be
properly initialized.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network

Need a senior system engineer?  I am looking for employment.
http://encompasserve.org/~malmberg/MALMBERG_CS1_RESUME.TXT