Samba and OpenOffice - save file

Robert F. Thomas rft at asthomas.com
Thu Feb 22 17:06:29 GMT 2007

We have a working cluster of VAX running VMS 6.1, AXP running 7.2, another
running 7.3 and IA64 running 8.2.  Everything works well, although such is
"not supported".  VMS 6.1 can not access ODS-5, otherwise no issues.

We are using the CIFS field test software as well as SAMBA 2.2.8 and 1.9.17.
CIFS works on 7.3 and 8.2.  There are items missing, such as SWAT, and
performance is SAMBA typical on VMS.

Performance wise, 1.9.17 seems to be the fastest, but lacks SWAT and has
several issues due to changes in SMB, etc.

Sincerely,
Robert F. Thomas

 355 Providence Highway
Westwood, MA USA 02090