Problem with Samba 3.0.10

Marc Keulemans marc.keulemans at philips.com
Mon Sep 25 14:10:14 GMT 2006

Hi Guenter.

Heart the other week from HP that Samba 3   (their official CIFS version)
is not complete yet and should not be used other then for field testing.

We use Samba 2.2.8 .   It is not very fast but stable.

Regards,

Marc Keulemans

Global ICT Operations & Infrastructure
NXP (Philips Semiconductors)
Building FD 2.158 - Gerstweg 2
6534 AE Nijmegen - The Netherlands
Phone: +31 24 353 2001 / Fax: +31 24 3536215
mailto: marc.keulemans at Philips.com

Guenter <guenter.gratzer at abf.co.at>
Sent by:
samba-vms-bounces+marc.keulemans=philips.com at lists.samba.org

samba-vms at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Problem with Samba 3.0.10
Classification

Hi,
I'm new to Samba. Have installed the latest Version 3.0.10 of Samba which
is
available from HP on a Itanium VMS.
If I open a VMS-textfile on a WinXP computer via a texteditor the file
looks
corrupted.
e.g. a file which contains the following 4 lines:
this is a test with a textfile
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

looks like this on a WinXP (only first line):
this is a test with a textfile

It seems there are troubles with CR/FL. Anybody knows a solution for this
promlem?

thanks
günter

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING:

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s).
use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.