The HP version of Samba ....

Ross Smith smithp01 at med.nyu.edu
Mon May 29 21:07:33 GMT 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 4:31 PM, bradhamilton wrote:

> Ross Smith wrote:
>> A quick question to the list:  Has anyone installed HP's alpha
>> release?
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks for reporting here.  I've not installed CIFS, because I
> don't have V8.2 of VMS (yet).  I was also leery at first, because
> of the supposed requirement for the TCP/IP (nee UCX) stack.  I'm
> given to understand that process.com is working to allow CIFS to
> work with TCPware/Multinet.

Oh.  I should mention the disclaimer.  I also use Multinet.  But if
you follow the instructions in 2.2.8 for using MN and force the HP
installation to completion (it advises you to quit the installation,
but you decline) you set Samba to use MN using the 2.2.8 and the HP
Samba information as a guide.  And it works, which you'd expect,
except for issues that don't seem to be in any way related to the
stack you are using.

Since I have the old and the new Samba installs in different places I
can start either one after a boot.