The HP version of Samba ....

Ross Smith smithp01 at med.nyu.edu
Mon May 29 19:41:30 GMT 2006

A quick question to the list:  Has anyone installed HP's alpha release?

Does it work of any of you?

If you have provided feedback to HP, did anyone ever get back to you?

In my case I installed the updated release for Itanium and it works
up to a point:  the point being that it does not report the disk size
correctly and so I can't save files to disk (which has zero free
blocks).

Also, it does not allow you to connect to your home directory.

So this makes it fairly broken, but an attempt to provide feedback to
HP got no response.  Fortunately the older build of 2.2.8 does work,
albeit very slowly..

-Ross Smith-