dots in directory names of shares on ODS-5 disks

BG - Ben Armstrong BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca
Wed Mar 8 20:11:39 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 10:10 +0200, COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:

> This will be fixed in the next release. Note that dots in a directory
name
> will only be available on ODS-5 disks.

We're still waiting for this.  We have an ODS-5 volume to do development
on.  We're running Samba from this kit:

SAMBA-2_2_8-OBJ-20050817.ZIP

>From what I can see in this kit, dots in directory names are still
prohibited:

SAMBA-2_2_8-SRC-20050817.ZIP

We need dots in directory names so we can do a subversion checkout
(which stores metadata in a ".svn" directory) on a workspace that is
visible both to the PC where the checkout is done and the VMS system on
which the code is also compiled, tested, etc.

Ben