Problems starting nmbd

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Jun 1 21:56:29 GMT 2006

Ryan Lolli wrote:
> I just installed HP OpenVMS Common Internet File System (CIFS) and when I execute any commands I get the following error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> unknown_domain_COLA$ testparm
> %DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image SECURESHRP
> -CLI-E-IMGNAME, image file $1$DGA1534:[SYS1.SYSCOMMON.][SYSLIB]SECURESHRP.EXE
> -SYSTEM-F-SHRIDMISMAT, ident mismatch with shareable image

That message usually indicates that you are attempting to run HP OpenVMS
CIFS on a version of OpenVMS earlier than 8.2.

If you are running OpenVMS 8.2 or later, then you may be missing an ECO
kit.  Please send the details of what ECOS are installed to the
OpenVMSCIFS(at)hp.com e-mail so that HP can determine what dependencies.

If you are not running OpenVMS 8.2 or later, then this is the expected
message.  However it also indicates a bug in the PCSI kit not specifying
a minimum OpenVMS version.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net