NMBD Problem on Samba2.2.8+Multinet and OpenVMS 7.3-1

Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato lgemedia at if.usp.br
Fri Jan 6 23:22:19 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I installed Samba 2.2.8 for OpenVMS on my Alpha
running OVMS 7.3-1 and Multinet 5.1.
SMBD runs fine over Multinet. The problem is that
NMBD does not start at all. I have tried even
entering the commands from NMBD_STARTUP.COM
one by one but no luck to have NMBD running.

SAMBA_STARTUP.COM shows:

$ run/detached -
        /input=samba_exe:nmbd_startup.com -
        /output=samba_root:[var]nmbd_startup.log -
        /uic=system -
        /process_name=NMBD -
        sys$system:loginout.exe

I noticed that SOCKETSHR has not been definied
from NMBD_STARTUP.COM as well, so it seems that
NMBD_STARTUP.COM is not getting started.
What is wrong with the command above ?
I can not see any process NMBD running and the
system has not been broadcast on the network.
I appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks,
Luiz Emediato