honouring default_protection ace

Tom Garcia tgarcia at hivemind.org
Thu Jan 5 20:16:20 GMT 2006

I am using Samba 2.2.8 from JYC, February 2005 build on VAX/VMS 7.3.

Adding a DEFAULT_PROTECTION ace for a directory, regardless of the setting
of SAMBA_ALTERNATE_DIRECTORY_PROTECTION, does not appear to have any effect
on new files created in that directory via samba.

"create mask" is 0777, as is "create mode" for the share (I have also tried
omitting the create mode entirely).  Rather than the OR behaviour described
in the documentation for the unix version, it appears to simply apply the
"create mode" precisely.

Is this by design, or should I have configured something?

Thanks,

Tom Garcia | tgarcia at hivemind.org