Samba 2.2.8 for OpenVMS VAX 7.3 Vaxstation 4000/60

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 06:43:48 GMT 2006

Hi,

On 12/15/06, Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato <lgemedia at if.usp.br> wrote:
> Vaxstation 4000/60 machine, I noticed that SMBD service remains
> disable in the TCPIP services (Version 5.1-15). I can overcome
> this by issuing "tcpip enable service smbd" from the command line.
> However it will not remain enabled after a reboot.

Add the above command in SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGIN.COM. This is similar to
an autoexec.bat on windows that gets executed after a restart.

OT: If you want to use Samba on ALPHA or Itanium (IA64) VMS, consider
using the OpenVMS CIFS product (kit available on HP site)

-dk

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!