Merging 2.2.8 and 2.2.12 distribution

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Oct 21 14:27:29 GMT 2005

Kikelj, Gorazd wrote:

>>From: COLLOT Jean-Yves
>>
>>This is really good news. I would have done it myself, but I
>>had no time for it.
>>
>>When it is done, I'll be happy to put that new version on the
>>site where I put the 2.2.8, if you want me to. I'll be happy
>>to help for testing and maintaining (if needed).

I also do not have time to track the latest changes to 2.2.8 to the
2.2.12 release.

Any time that I spend on 2.2.x is time that I am not spending on
facilitating 4.x being ported to OpenVMS.

>>NB : we have no news from JEB's project of porting newer
>>Samba versions.
>>Does anyone know about it ?

I have not heard of JEB's porting project and I do not find those
initials in recent archives of this list, so I am assuming that you
might be referring to JEM.

For what HP is doing, I will have to refer you back to the roadmap URL
which  was in the preceding post.

I would strongly recommend that anyone doing their own maintenance or
port of SAMBA be monitoring the SAMBA-TECHNICAL conference.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net