Beginner question on setting passwords

Dr Robert Young rcyoung at aliconsultants.com
Fri Nov 25 04:27:49 GMT 2005

I can not easily read the docs on samba 2.2.8 (8/17/2005) since they
are all HTML (I am working on a VT320 ). Can someone give me ( or
point me to a description) the "step 1...step2  .... step 33) for
setting usernames/passwords on samba? This is a one user system, and
I simply need to transfer files occasionally to back them up to a
second location.  I have tried to read the HTML and get the feeling
it has something to do with the smbpasswd command, but my eyes are
starting to "cross" after staring at html with a text screen!!!