vms samba as a PDC ?

Rochelle Lauer LAUER at Encompasserve.org
Thu May 19 13:34:49 GMT 2005

Hello

I am new to Samba on VMS (Have been running Advanced Server)
I have installed Samba 2.2.8 on VMS8.2 (alpa) as a test
environment to see if I can replace Advanced Server on our cluster
and to also see how Samba works on VMS (I have installed samba on Linux).

I am trying to have Samba be the PDC without luck.  I have
searched the archives but have not found much info on Samba/VMS as a PDC.

When trying to login to the domain from a W2k box I receive the following
error

The system cannot log you on now because the domain TESTDOMAIN is not
available.

I can however connect to the VMS shares if I login to the workstation
locally.

Thanks
Rochelle Lauer