Restarting SMB service with the SWAT kill my DECW session

bruno.seghers at banksys.be bruno.seghers at banksys.be
Tue Jun 21 07:49:22 GMT 2005

Hi,

On the Freeware 7.0 cd's, they is a version of SAMBA for VMS (2.2.8). I have
insalled it on an alphastation running VMS7.3-2 with Motif 1.3.

Each time I want to restart the smbd service via the SWAT (under STATUS
option), my DECWindows session is killed.
The "Stop smbd" button seems to have no effect. There is no problems with
"Stop nmbd" and "Restart nmbd" buttons.

Is somebody has had the same problem and did he find a workaround or is this
simply a bug and I can thus no more use those buttons ?

Thanks for your help

Seghers Bruno
OpenVMS System Engineer
Tel         : 00 32 (2) 727 68 83
Tel BCP : 00 32 (2) 337 10 13
Email   : bruno.seghers at banksys.be
Web     : www.banksys.be
Banksys S.A.
1442 Chaussée de Haacht
B 1130 Bruxelles
Confidentiality
The information in this document is confidential and shall not be disclosed
to any third party in whole or in part without the prior written consent of
Banksys S.A. The Requester shall duly remit a copy of the signed
non-disclosure which is attached in annex
Copyright
The information in this document is subject to change without notice and
shall not be construed as a commitment by Banksys S.A./N.V.
The content of this document, including but not limited to trademarks,
designs, logos, text, images, is the property of Banksys S.A/N.V. and is
protected by the Belgian Act of 30.06.1994 related to author's right and by
the other applicable Acts.
The contents of this document must not be reproduced in any form whatsoever,
by or on behalf of third parties, without the prior written consent of
Banksys S.A./N.V.
Except with respect to the limited license to download and print certain
material from this document for non-commercial and personal use only,
nothing contained in this document shall grant any license or right to use
any of Banksys S.A./N.V.'s proprietary material.
Legal disclaimer
While Banksys S.A./N.V. has made every attempt to ensure that the
information contained in this document is correct, Banksys S.A.:N.V. does
not provide any legal of commercial warranty on the document that is
described in this specification. The technology is thus provided "as is"
without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, included those of
merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Banksys S.A./N.V. does
not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the
accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process
disclosed
To the fullest extend permitted under applicable law, neither Banksys
S.A./N.V. nor its affiliates, directors, employees and agents shall be
liable to any party for any damages that might result from the use of the
technology as described in this document (including without limitation
direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential and punitive damages,
lost profits).
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws
of Belgium. You irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the courts
located in Brussels for any action arising from or related to the use of
this document.

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment thereto is confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability."